KEI web pages on transparency in trade negotiations
These are some links to KEI web pages on transparency in negotiations.
- March 16, 2009. What should be transparent in trade and treaty negotiations?
- March 20, 2009. Obama trade officials promise thorough review of transparency policies
- March 26, 2009. Views of Civil Society on USTR Review of Trade-Related Transparency Policies
- June 25, 2009. US guts transparency clause in PAHO R&D resolution
- June 30, 2009. Civil Society letter to Members of the WHO Expert Working Group on R&D Financing
- July 22, 2009. NGO Letter to USTR on transparency
- September 23, 2010. Poll: Which IPR norm setting forum is the LEAST transparent
- March 12, 2009. White House says ACTA text a State Secret. EU parliament says time for more transparency
- March 13, 2009. Who are the cleared advisors that have access to secret ACTA documents?
- March 14, 2009 European Parliament debate on transparency of ACTA documents
- March 14, 2009. March 2009 news stories on the denial of access to ACTA documents under FOIA on national security grounds
- March 15, 2009. Canada on disclosure of ACTA documents
- July 31, 2009. White House: ACTA still "secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy"
- September 8, 2010. USTR's February 10, 2009 memo on Transparency Soup
- September 12, 2009. USTR's system of NDAs to provide private sector access to ACTA position
- September 19, 2009. Poll: Why does the Obama Administration insist on secrecy of the draft Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) text?
- October 13, 2009. White House shares the ACTA Internet text with 42 Washington insiders, under non disclosure agreements
- October 16, 2009. Updated: USTR statement on use of NDAs to provide access to ACTA Internet text
- November 3, 2009. Petition to President Obama, regarding transparency of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- November 3, 2009. Signatures to the Petition to President Obama, regarding transparency of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- November 23, 2009. Senators Sanders and Brown ask White House to make ACTA text public
- December 3, 2009. Ambassador Kirk: People would be “walking away from the table” if the ACTA text is made public
- December 7, 2009. Transparency of FTAA negotiations, compared to ACTA
- December 8, 2009. Dec 7, 2009 letter from Ambassador Kirk to Senator Sanders and Brown on ACTA transparency, says nothing new
- March 2, 2010. USTR responds to Senator Wyden's letter on ACTA
- March 10, 2010. 633 to 13, EU Parliament votes to make ACTA public, and more sensitive to civil liberties and consumer protection
- March 25, 2010. USTR asks that briefing on position on ACTA transparency be off the record
- April 22, 2010. Senator Wyden issues statement on release of ACTA negotiating text, warns "poorly constructed agreement" would harm consumers
- March 23, 2011. KEI to appeal USTR rejection of FOIA of Congressional Research Service (CRS) study of ACTA
- April 21, 2011. White House rejects administrative appeal on FOIA request for CRS study of ACTA
- April 25, 2011. Confirmation that Obama Administration was "lone hold out" for releasing bracketed ACTA text to the public in Summer of 2010.
- March 22, 2011. UN Rapporteur for the Right to Health asked to intervene in the TPP negotiation. The first section of the complaint focuses on the need for transparency in the TPP negotiations.