Selected Articles and Blogs on Reading Disabilities
The main coalition addressing the text to speech issue is the Reading Rights Coalition.
- 2002 June 3. George Kerscher and Jim Fruchterman, "The Soundproof Book: Exploration of Rights Conflict and Access to Commercial EBooks for People with Disabilities," First Monday, Volume. 7, Number 6.
- 2009 May 28. James Love. Obama Joins Group to Block Treaty for Blind and Other Reading Disabilities, Huffington Post.
- 2009. Pescod, Dan, "The 'Right to Read' – Why a WIPO Treaty for Print Disabled People?" KEStudies, Vol. 3.
- May 19, 2009. KEI Statement on Random House decision to turn off text to speech in ebooks.
- April 10, 2009. James Love, People vs the Authors Guild, don't turn off text to speech in Kindle 2, Huffington Post.
- Examples of Amazon's Soundproof Kindle books.